On this day, May 15th 1994, the ‘International Day of Families’ was set in stone by the United Nations. Having observed the changes in social and economic structures which had affected and still affect the stability and structure of family units both then and continuing now, the UN responded by asking us around the globe to celebrate together, the importance of families, people, societies and cultures that make up our world.
“Promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom”
What you can do to celebrate:
- Talk to your family (Family doesn’t have to be blood related!)
- Have a games night on Zoom/facebook etc (Charades, murder mystery and other apps)
- Picnic with your neighbours on the lawn!
- Pick a charity to support/donate that directly helps improve the quality of life of another family in the world. There are many who have paired their loos!
- (Wearing matching clothing while doing all these things – optional!)
Find out more here: International Day of Families web pages